NRA Instructor Led Training
During periods of government mandated “social distancing”, the Distance Learning delivery method is authorized for Instructors ONLY if the following strict conditions are met and adhered to at all times:
- Both the Instructor and student(s) must have cameras and microphones enabled on their digital devices
- Two way, Audio & Video communications must be maintained at all times, during the class, in order for student(s) to ask questions.
- The lecture must be conducted live and in-person by the Instructor using the NRA provided PowerPoint slides. Video recording/playback is prohibited.
- The prohibition on live ammunition in either the Instructor or student location is still in place.
- At NO TIME may students handle their own firearms in their area, NO GUN HANDLING is allowed until arriving at the range.
- All practical exercises MUST be conducted at a range or an appropriate training facility with DIRECT in-person supervision by the instructor.
- Instructor demonstrations, such as Lesson I Loading, Unloading, Cocking and Decocking, must be done at the range or an appropriate training facility with direct in-person Instructor supervision.
- Dry-practice exercises that could be done in the classroom, especially Lesson III Benchrest and Isosceles positions MUST be done at the range or appropriate training facility with direct in-person Instructor supervision.
- Cleaning the student’s firearm(s) during Lesson IV must also be done at the range or an appropriate training facility with direct in-person Instructor supervision – this may NOT be done via video teleconference.
As always, the primary consideration is safety of the students and ensuring every learning objective is completed correctly.