Date(s) - 05/06/2022 - 05/07/2022
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Centennial Business Center
This course is provided for Level III Security Guards who did not receive instruction for Defensive Tactics and Firearms or wish to re-qualify for additional license endorsements.
Defensive Tactics will cover the following:
Student should be able to identify the ABC’s of Defensive Tactics.
Student will be able to identify the following:
a. Basic stance
c. Personal Weapons
d. Basic Strikes (Empty hand, fists, forearms, elbows, knees, kicks)
e. Pressure Points
f. Takedowns/Takedown Avoidance
g. Ground Defense
1. Students will describe the reasons for handcuffing.
2. Students will identify the nomenclature of the handcuff.
3. Students will identify the three handcuffing positions.
4. Students will demonstrate practical application of handcuffs.
1. Students will be able to identify the three recognized firearm categories under Texas Administrative code 35.7.
2. Students will be able to identify the five Basic Safety Rules.
3. Students will be able to demonstrate proper handling of firearms.
4. Students will be able to recognize and identify nomenclature of firearms.
5. Students will demonstrate proper procedures for cleaning firearms.
6. Students will be able to recognize and demonstrate techniques for clearing common malfunctions of firearms.
7. Students will demonstrate proper procedures for Range operations.
8. Students will understand and follow range commands.
9. Students will complete and pass firearms proficiency qualification course(s).
1. Students will be able to identify the types of intermediate weapons that may be carried by commissioned security officers.
2. Students will be able to define the term “reactionary gap”.
3. Students will identify the intended target areas of impact weapons.
4. Students will identify and demonstrate open mode expandable or straight baton striking techniques.
Bookings are closed for this event.