Texas Process Server Continuing Education
Introduction to Texas Process Server Review
Effective April 12, 2018, the State of Texas Judicial Branch Certification Commission (JBCC) has new requirement for continued education. JBCC requires all Process Servers who are renewing a certification to have completed at least eight (8) hours of approved continuing education (CE) training. This training must be completed within the previous certification period preceding their certification renewal.
- Those who are renewing an existing three (3) year certification still need to obtain twelve (12) hours of CE. That is four (4) hours of training per certification year. Process Servers with three (3) year renewal periods are not allowed to carry forward excess training hours.
- Those who are renewing an existing two (2) year certification must obtain eight (8) hours of CE. That is four (4) hours of training per certification year. Process Servers with two (2) year renewal periods are allowed to carry forward up to 4 hours of CE towards their next renewal.
This course satisfies the above requirements.
JBCC Related Rules
The exact verbiage of the JBCC rules, from Section 3.2 – Renewal Applications, reads:
- A person must not perform work requiring certification, registration, or a license under the Act with an expired certification, registration, or license.
- The Commission will notify a regulated person by email no later than 30 days before the date that the person’s certification, registration, or license is scheduled to expire. A regulated person’s failure to receive a renewal notice from the Commission does not exempt the person from any requirement of these rules or of any other rules governing the person’s profession.
- All certification, registration, and license renewal applications must be submitted through the JBCC online certification, registration, and licensing system on the Commission’s website. A regulated person must comply with submission requirements stated on the renewal form. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- The renewal application and all applicable fees are due on or before the expiration of the certification, registration, or license. An application is timely if it is submitted on or before its expiration. Failure to submit a renewal applications on or before expiration will result in a lapse of the legal authority to practice in accordance with the certification, registration, or license.
The above list is only a part of the complete JBCC rules. For a complete publication of the JBCC rules, please visit JBCC’s website at https://www.txcourts.gov/jbcc/jbcc-statutes-rules-policies/ or by clicking here.