- For licensing: Complete Criminal Background Check
- Those interested in becoming a secruity guard in Texas.
This course is designed to give an introduction to the Texas Private Security Act and trains those for initial licensing as a Security Guard.
Pursuant to TAC 35.141 the Level II Training Course and test is required of all* non-commissioned security officers, commissioned security officers and personal protection officers. This training course must either be administered by a licensed Level III or Level IV Training School and taught by a licensed Level III or Level IV Instructor, or it may be administered by a licensed guard company and taught by a representative or employee of the company.
*Certain Peace Officers may be exempt per TAC 35.141(b)
Unarmed Security Guard Requirements in Texas
- The applicant must be 18 years or older.
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or the equivalency.
- The applicant must have the right to work in the U.S. and provide tax information from the IRS.
- The applicant cannot have any prior felonies.
- Lectures 38
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 6 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 15
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau
The Job of Security Officers
Who are Peace Officers?
Use of Force
Detainment and Arrest
Report Writing and Observation Training
Response to Emergencies and Safety Hazards
Penal Code; Chapter 46 Weapons / Definitions