Many different accidents can occur at your duty assignment including falls, contact with electricity and chemical contact. You should not attempt to treat any injuries unless you have the medical training to handle the victim.
Loss of consciousness
Overexposure to the elements/ weather
Heat exhaustion/ heat stroke
Hypothermia (loss of body heat)
And many more …
In the event of an accident emergency do the following:
- Notify emergency Medical Services 911; afterwards contact your supervisor/ manager.
- Give your name
- Provide a description of the scene
- Injured person’s age, sex and weight
- Injured person’s main complaint
- Ex. Stopped breathing, broken arm, heart attack, etc.
- Location of injured person Including street address, location on property and directions on locating the person.
- Provide information on any measures already performed
- ex. First aid, CPR, doctor on scene etc.
- Be prepared to give
- Your name
- Location that you are calling from
- Who you work for and your occupation
- What time you discovered the injured person