This is an online course; work at your own pace. No in-person or virtual instruction.
This course is designed to give an introduction to the Texas Private Security Act and trains those for initial licensing as a Security Guard.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community by ensuring the safety of others? If so, enroll in our Level 2 Security Guard Course – Online and prepare for a rewarding career in the security industry.
What You’ll Learn
- The fundamentals of security guard duties and responsibilities
- Access control procedures and techniques
- De-escalation and conflict resolution skills
- Patrolling and observation techniques
- Fire safety and emergency response procedures
- Report writing and incident documentation
Benefits of Our Online Course
- Flexibility: Learn at your own pace and schedule from the comfort of your home.
- Accessibility: Access course materials and support from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Interactive Learning: Engage with multimedia content, simulations, and online discussions.
- Industry Recognition: Upon completion, you’ll receive a certificate that meets the training requirements for Level 2 security guard licensure in many states.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a clean criminal record
- Tuition: $49
- Registration fee: $0
- Materials fee: $0
Pursuant to TAC 35.141 the Level II Training Course and test is required of all* non-commissioned security officers, commissioned security officers, and personal protection officers. This training course must either be administered by a licensed Level III or Level IV Training School and taught by a licensed Level III or Level IV Instructor, or it may be administered by a licensed guard company and taught by a representative or employee of the company.
*Certain Peace Officers may be exempt per TAC 35.141(b)
Unarmed Security Guard License Requirements in Texas
- The applicant must be 18 years or older.
- The applicant must have the right to work in the U.S.
- The applicant cannot have any prior felonies.
- The applicant cannot currently be under any Class B or above indictment.